Energizing Your Chakras
Everything that exists in the universe is made up of energy. Every atom has electrons, sub-atomic particles containing an electrical charge, which orbit around the atom’s nucleus. Every atom has energy. True, some atoms have more energy than others; some have more electrons orbiting their nucleus than others, and some are moving faster than others. The energy in a piece of wood is moving very slow compared to the energy in a pan of boiling water, but both contain the same kind of energy.
Energy cannot be created or destroyed, it simply changes form (conservation of energy). To be more precise, it states that in a closed system (our universe, for the purposes of our discussion) energy is conserved. In other words, all the energy that ever existed, that was present at the beginning, still exists.
In spiritual terms, Universal Energy is the Energy of the Creator. It is the energy that created life and the Universe. It originates from Nothingness to Oneness and to Yin and Yang. It is the most subtle energy found in all the living creatures. Since human beings, animals, plants, and microorganisms are part of the living creatures, they all need Universal Energy.
In scientific terms, Universal Energy is the creative force of life that interconnects all the dimensions of the Universe. It travels faster than light and it is beyond space and time. Therefore, it cannot be measure by any physical means. One can only experience it through applying the Universal Energy method and see the result of UE applications in daily practice.
Any external or internal forces affecting our bodies make us ill, such as changes in weather. Many people tend to suffer from common cold, influenza and even stroke.
This is partly because the human body unable to adapt to these sudden changes.
Illness also can be attributed to three major factors, like the “body’” the “mind” and the “spirit” Our health is affected by many factors like age, posture, diet, stress, emotional depression, infection, accident etc. With the study of universal energy enables us to tap in more effective way. With our chakras opened, the universal energy will be channeled into our bodies through the chakras during meditation or adjustment process. This energy energizes and repairs cells in our bodies, and hence improves our metabolism and our immune systems. Our organs will function normally and thus our health improved.
Chakras are energy centers in the Human Body. The chakras are “wheels” of energy as they appear in the form of wheels of light floating slightly off of the physical body which control the body organs.The chakras can be likened to the organs of the physical body.Only, these are like spiritual or energetic “organs.”
Upon energizing these energy centers, we not only heal ourselves but also strengthen these centers. Chakras are structures of spinning light. They are located within the light body and their purpose is to create a gateway into higher or lower dimensions of consciousness. The light body is made up of many dimensions of light but to incarnate higher consciousness (spirit) into this light body a certain type of vortex needs to be created. These vortexes are the chakras and each one is a gateway to a certain aspect of higher consciousness. As discussed earlier the highest dimensions do not contain light but only pure consciousness. From this consciousness the dimensions of light are created. The higher dimensions of consciousness are the source of the dimensions of light. Now for an individual consciousness from the very high dimensions to explore through the dimensions of light, astrality and physicality it must do so through some kind of structure. The chakras are the main gateways through which consciousness incarnates into the light body.
The spinning light of the chakras form a vortex or dimensional gateway through which consciousness enters the light body. If the chakra stops spinning the aspect of consciousness that it opens to will be blocked. For instance if the Heart Chakra stops spinning, the aspect of love will be blocked. If all the other chakras continue to spin it will feel like a loss of a part of oneself (the loving part) while the rest of the person is still there as it was. However, when one chakra is blocked or not spinning properly all the others will be effected as well. The longer the Heart Chakra is not spinning the more the entire light body will be affected. Other chakras and structures of light are bound to break down and cause problems.
So the chakras are essentially structures of spinning light which form gateways into higher dimensions of consciousness or lower dimensions of material forces.
Chakra means wheel of light in Sanskrit. The Chakras are the seven power points in the human body that circulate energy or the life force also known as prana. They are vertically aligned in the center of the body close to the spine.
If the Chakra are unbalanced – not properly aligned or blocked – it can affect physical and mental health. The spiritual development is also connected with the good health of the Chakra.
Crown Chakra – The seventh chakra is the Sahasrara charka, manifesting as thousand violet lotus petals on the crown of the head.
Located above the head. This chakra links the individual with the universal. Located above the head, this chakra links individual and universal. The Crown chakra is associated with the pineal gland, brain and central nervous system.
The crown chakra is the body’s primary co-ordination center. It ensures a connection to universal sources of energy and with the world as a whole. A balanced crown chakra allows for expanded awareness on an emotional level.
The color associated with the crown chakra is Violet. Violet is the ray of spiritual mastery. It is a blend of red (matter) and blue (spirit) and is associated with transformation. When working with the stones:
- Darker tones are associated with sorrow
- Deep purple symbolizes high spiritual attainment
- Pale Lilac means cosmic consciousness and love for humanity
- Bluish purple stands for transcendant idealismThird Eye Chakra – The sixth chakra is the Ajna chakra, manifesting as an indigo wheel of light over the brow, in the center of the forehead. Located between the eyes, this chakra is intelligence and psychic power. Third eye chakra is associated with the pituitary gland, eyes, nose, ears and skeletal system.The brow chakra is directly related to your senses of sight and hearing. It has to do with perception. It is the seat of understanding that affects how we see the world we live in and how we make sense of what is being perceived. Balancing this chakra can help remove confusion or indecision and increase the ability to see clearly and make important distinctions.The color associated with the third eye chakra is Indigo. Indigo is the symbol of spiritual attainment, self-mastery and wisdom. It aids in the opening of the third eye (inner and outer vision) and opens the doors to the subconscious, so that negative elements can be eliminated and higher elements can be attained.
Throat Chakra – The fifth chakra is the Vishuddha chakra, manifesting as a light blue wheel of light over the throat. Located at the throat, this chakra is associated with creativity, self-expression and the search for truth. The Throat chakra is associated with thyroid gland, upper lungs and respiratory system.The throat chakra brings out your inner truth.
The throat chakra allows us to communicate our thoughts and feelings. It is directly connected to the ability to express inner creativity. Both teaching and learning are affected by the balance of the throat chakra.
The color associated with the throat chakra is Blue. Blue is the symbol of inspiration, devotion, infinity and religious goals. It produces calm and peace. The throat chakra is the focusing point of the spoken word, and the expression of feelings via communication.
Heart Chakra – The fourth chakra is the Anahata chakra, manifesting as a bright, deep green wheel of light directly over the heart, in the center of the chest. Located at the heart. This is the higher consciousness and love. Located near the center of the breastbone or sternum, this chakra represents higher consciousness and love. The Heart chakra is associated with the heart, thymus gland, lower lung and circulatory system.
The heart chakra acts as the balance point for all the chakras. It governs our relationships and how we interact with other people. A balanced heart chakra is expressed in acceptance of self and others, personal values and ethics, following one’s unique direction in life.
The color associated with the heart chakra is Green. Green symbolizes harmony, creativity, health, abundance and nature. It is the combining of yellow (soul) and blue (spirit). Green, nature’s color, offers new energy and revitalizes tired nerves.
Solar Plexus Chakra – The third chakra is the Manipura chakra, manifesting as a bright yellow wheel of light in the abdominal area.Located at the solar plexus. This is the sense of identity. Located midway between the rib cage and the navel, this is the sense of identity. The Solar plexus chakra is associated with the pancreas, liver, gall bladder, spleen, digestive system and nervous system.
The solar plexus chakra is associated with the fire element because fire provides warmth and comfort, but also can cause fear and terror. This chakra spans a wide emotional area. The solar plexus chakra allows one to really know oneself.
The color associated with the solar plexus chakra is Yellow. Yellow is the symbol of the mind, intellect, high intelligence and wisdom. It is a positive magnetic vibration that acts as an equalizer for irritable conditions of the nervous system. The solar plexus is the organizing brain of the nervous system and as such, is an important power center that should be kept in a perfect equilibrium.
Sacral Chakra – The second chakra is the Swadhistana chakra, manifesting itself as an orange wheel of light in the area between the genitals and the navel.Located at the genitals. This is the chakra that monitors sexuality and reproduction. Sacral hara chakra is associated with reproductive organs, stomach and colon.
The color associated with the sacral hara chakra is Orange. Orange symbolizes energy. It is a combination of red (for personality) and yellow (for wisdom). Orange integrates these to help us overcome anger and develop self control.
Root Chakra – The first chakra is the Muladhara chakra, located at the base of the spine. It manifests as a red wheel of light between the genitals and anus. This is the animal or base nature. Located at the base of the spine and groin area, this is the animal or base nature. It is also taste and smell. The Root chakra is associated with adrenals, kidneys, muscles and arterial blood.
The Root Chakra links us to the physical world, solidity and support – especially to the physical body. It is the foundation of energy.
The Base or Root Chakra manifests strongly in the motivation to ensure personal survival by way of food, rest, and sexual expression. Spiritually, the base chakra has to do with protection of individual integrity. It is an energy center that provides a solid ground from which to establish our equilibrium in order to ascend to higher awareness.
The color associated with the root chakra is Red. Red symbolizes life, vitality, strength and the physical nature of man. In nature, red represents heat, fire and anger. Rose-red is the color of universal harmony.
Chakras are an integral part of the spiritual body. To maintain spiritual health, it is important to know their locations, colors and functions. When you focus on balancing these spiritual energies, you can bring a sense of harmony to your mind, body and emotions. The chakras are “wheels” of energy which control the body organs. Upon energizing these energy centers, we not only heal ourselves but also strengthen these centers.Everyday we stimulate our chakra centers in one way or another, for example, through the different thoughts we have or physically through our senses. Daily we energize our centers, consciously or unconsciously, through various methods. Following is a list of common ways we charge our chakra centers:
Thought is an energy form. Science has proven a positive thought allows our energy to flow freely and unrestricted. Whereas, negative thoughts decrease energy within our body. Every thought (whether mental or emotional) is connected to a chakra. For example, a passionate thought is a red energy stimulant, but an angry thought decreases one’s positive red energy flow. This means that continual angry thoughts will lower your root chakra’s energy.
This is our most important energy source. Through light all the seven color energies flow from the sun’s rays to the earth. People, animals, plants, minerals, water and our chakras receive energy from the sun’s light.Our most important energy source is light – and the entire spectrum of colors is derived from light. Sunlight, which contains all the wavelengths, consists of the entire electromagnetic spectrum that we depend on to exist on this planet. Light consists of the seven color energies – RED, ORANGE, YELLOW, GREEN, BLUE, INDIGO AND VIOLET. Each color is connected to various areas of our body and will affect us differently emotionally, physically, and mentally. By learning how each color influences us, we can effectively use color energy for natural healing purposes and to give us an extra boost of energy when we need it. (If you are not able to enjoy the sun for a few hours daily, add a quality full spectrum light bulb to a light source in your work area or in a lamp at home.)
When the sun’s rays bless all plant life, it gives the plant life/energy. Once the plant absorbs energy, the color energy that remains is the energy of that fruit, vegetable or flower. Without this energy our body could not assimilate the nutritional value of the food. Balance your chakras daily by eating foods that contain each of the seven color energies (that’s why the doctor always said to eat a plate of different colored foods… for the color value)
Meditation. Since thought is an energy form you can stimulate your chakra centers through meditation, visualization or breathing energy into your various chakra centers. By adding the color intention adds additional power from a chakra’s vibration.
- Take a deep breath; inhale through the mouth and exhale through the nose.
- Visualize a beautiful golden glowing ball floating above the top of your head. See it float down and blend with the violet chakra of the head. See the golden violet rays spreading to the various systems, energizing the nervous system and the right eyes.
- Say to yourself silently, “I am divinely protected, guided and at peace.”
- Now imagine the golden ball gently separate from the violet chakra and float down to merge with the brow chakra. Watch it blend with the beautiful indigo wheel of the brow chakra. Visualize the golden indigo rays energizing the pituitary, hypothalamus, nose, the left eye and ears and repeat to yourself mentally, “I am open to new ideas, people and situations and follow my gut feelings.”
- See the golden ball separate from the brow chakra and slowly floating and descending into the glowing blue wheel of the throat chakra. Imagine the golden blue rays energizing the entire throat, upper lungs, digestive track, bronchial and upper stomach areas. Say to yourself, “I feel safe to express my feelings. I love, trust and respect my creative gifts.”
- Now imagine the golden ball all separate and descend into the glowing green wheel of the heart chakra. See the golden green ray flow into the thymus, heart, blood, lower lungs, upper liver and arms. Repeat to yourself, “Love is the purpose of my life. It is everywhere.”
- Now see the golden ball separate and enter the solar plexus chakra and blend with the yellow wheel there and spread the golden yellow rays into the entire digestive system, pancreas, liver, gall bladder, intestines and spleen. Repeat to yourself, “I trust my worthiness. I am worthy of the best in life.”
- Now imagine the golden ball separate from the solar plexus chakra and floating down to the sacral chakra, to the orange wheel found three fingers from the navel. Imagine the golden ball blending with the orange wheel and the golden orange rays pass into the entire reproductive system. Say to yourself, “What I do is enough, what I have is enough.”
- Now see the golden ball separate and floating down to the base chakra, the seat of Kundalini energy. See it blending with to the red colored wheel. The golden red rays are spreading into the entire excretory system and energizing the kidneys bladder, spine and lower limbs. Feel the warmth. Repeat, “I am safe and secure all the time. I love my feet, they show me the way. I love my legs they support me.”
- Continue breathing in through the nose, out through the nose. Feel totally at peace. Feel the centers all flowing with abundance of love. All disruptive emotions have flown away. You are calm, fully relaxed and grounded.
- Now imagine that all light is surrounding you. Feel your aura expanding and being protected with white light. No negative energy can harm you. You are fully protected.
- Now you are fully energized with Reiki. Imagine yourself in front of yourself. Pass Reiki to yourself. Heal yourself, your family members. Forgive yourself, your family members.
- Now with Reiki energize the 5 elements. Imagine the earth in your hands, thank the earth, energize the earth and bless the earth with Reiki. Imagine water in your hands, thank the water, energize the water and bless the water with Reiki energy. Now imagine the fire in your hands, thank the fire, energize the fire and bless the fire with Reiki. Now imagine the air in your hands, thank the air, energize the air and bless the air with Reiki energy. Imagine the space/sun/stars/moon/planets in your hands, thank the space and energize the space with Reiki energy.
- Your meditation is now over. Return slowly from your head, your ears, your torso, and your legs to the tips of your toes. Stretch your arms and legs slowly. Slowly open your eyes and become aware of the environment. You are fully charged and feel fine in every aspect.
Gemstones and minerals are also energy forms. For example, crystals contain a similar crystalline structure as the human body. Crystals amplify energy and can be programmed (e.g. computer chips and watches). Wearing gemstone jewelry or placing gemstones and minerals in your environment is a simple way to absorb the stone or mineral’s healing vibrations.
Each color of the spectrum of light vibrates at a different frequency, thereby giving you its own special qualities and influences. Color has its own powerful language. Since our human development begins in a water environment (the womb and the giver of life), imagine the strength and power when color and water are combined! Color Bath is a fun and easy way for our body to absorb the benefits of vibration frequencies. Bathing in the natural element of water combined with color creates an incredible healing atmosphere that the body recognizes and enjoys. Color Bath is also known to change the colors of ones aura. It is a proven Chakra tool that increases an energy center’s vitality. Water is a conductor of energy and color is an energy. While lying in the colored water your body absorbs the vibration frequency from the color. Take the time to give back to your body and soul! While bathing, balance that chakra by thinking about what you would like to achieve from that specific energy and maybe add the correlating aromatherapy oil. Do not use chemical food coloring to dye your water. I recommend Colour Bath™ by Colour Energy Corporation, as it is totally organic and therefore safe to use.
The colour pigment is totally natural and very vibrant. Colour itself is a healing vibration and the stronger and more pure the colour, the more powerful the energy! Colour Bath was created for its colour therapeutic and healing properties. A simple colour treatment that helps to balance your Chakra system.
Color Bath is an organic combination of water, glycerin and non-toxic organic color. The colors are combinations of the four ether elements – carbon, oxygen, hydrogen and nitrogen – the colors that you see in a rainbow are created by these same 4 elements. Color Bath contains no FD&C colors, perfumes or oils which makes it ideal for children and people with sensitivities.
Essential oils are the pure essence of the plant or flower. Every oil has a vibration that correlates to a color. Oils contain the healing properties of herbs, flowers or plants. Essential Oils are the life force in every living plant, providing benefits that enhance and enrich the body, mind and soul. Aromatherapy encourages deep healing, supporting the unity of body, mind and spirit. Use only therapeutic quality oils (inexpensive oils may contain toxins). Also never apply oils directly on your skin (dilute with a carrier oil or in a bath).
Music & Dance
Music affects us in a positive or negative way. Every musical note corresponds to a color and chakra center. Certain sounds can stimulate an emotional, mental, physical or spiritual response. E.g. Listening or dancing to primal music, such as the beating of drums, can energize your physical body and stimulate your root chakra.
Toning & Sounds
We can vocally make sounds to vibrate at the same frequency as various organs in our body. Regular toning can help keep our body’s organs functioning properly. Noise pollution can be very disturbing to our environment. Surround yourself with sounds, which make you happy and productive.
By shining of light through various color filters directly onto the body, the vibration of the color will be absorbed through your skin effecting the designated area.
Charge water by filling a colored glass with water or by placing a colored filter in front of a glass of water and let the sun’s rays kiss the water with color energy. Make sure the glass is not leaded and of a clean color hue.
Is the use of color through the eyes. Via our eyes color stimulates our pituitary gland, which in turn releases hormones connected to the correlating organ of the same frequency. Therapeutic eye glasses that are manufactured with various colored filters can be simply worn whenever you need a boost of a certain color or chakra energy. Make sure the color eyeglasses are 100% UVA & UVB coated if wearing outdoors and again the exact color tint of the lens is very, very important. Note: Unless the color glass manufacturer or distributor is aware of color therapy, chances are their colored lenses are not made for healing purposes.
Use colors consciously in your home or work environment to give you more positive and productive energy. Paint a room or add different colored pillows, artwork, carpets, etc.
What we wear will influence our mood, mind and energy level. Light penetrates through our clothing amplifying the color energy we are wearing. The more vibrant the clothing the better the energy transfer.
Art & Color
Art and color can be used as an outlet to either express or stimulate. Surround yourself with the colors, which are suitable for what you need to accomplish in that area. Use calming colors in your bedroom and mentally stimulating colors in your workspace.